Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bringing it All Together

I've thought long and hard about what to do for this project and I decided to do what I want to do! I am not as comfortable with iMovie as I would like to be before school starts, so my end product will be an iMovie. I am going to attempt to do a book trailer. My goal beyond this lesson is to get kids excited about books available in the library and for them to be able to share their love of a particular title by using iMovie to create book trailers. And maybe even show some of the teachers another way to do a report, whether it's an old-fashioned book report or a report on a Native American tribe. I think the kids will be way more excited about presenting their information using technology and I think the other kids will be more attentive to a movie than a posterboard project. As for the TEKS, there are so many ways to go with something like this. It covers most of the technology TEKS, with possibilities of language arts, science, math, and social studies coming right along with it, depending on the topic the students choose or are assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment